Standards for Open Shooting Dog Invitational
The top 12 invited dogs will run one-hour stakes two days in a row. The top dogs from these two days are selected to run in a one-hour call back on the third day.
The Shooting Dog Invitational Champions must demonstrate the requisite qualities of the shooting dog class at a high level. The invitational Champion must:
- Hunt boldly and independently throughout the brace, and should not require excessive direction from the handler.
- Demonstrate qualities of the finished dog by consistent coursing to logical objectives, responsiveness to the handler, and maintaining a forward pattern.
- Exhibit strength, courage, and an unquenchable desire to find game regardless of cover or conditions, not simply choosing the easy path but hunting through habitat likely to hold game.
- Exhibit style, speed, and stamina in action.
- Handle game correctly. Locate and point birds quickly and accurately, back if the occasion arises, and be steady to wing and shot.
- Demonstrate extreme character and finish around game, exhibiting style, intensity, and polish.
The Invitationals seek to identify the epitome of the shooting dog class, an individual with strength, courage, intelligence, and “game sense” at the highest level. A flawless performance of pedestrian quality should not be favored over one that, although imperfect, thrills with the magnitude of the effort.
Current OSD Invitational Points (Fall 2021)
*Points earned from June 1st to May 31st
|Points||Name of Dog||Owner|
|Auto||PW Evolution's Re‐Creation||Keith & Bobbi Richardson|
|772||Perfections Huckleberry||Chase M. Benton|
|770||Carey's Blazing Cooper||Doug Carey|
|760||Hi‐N's Allison Miranda||Kirk Loftin|
|524||Chicoree's Glitter and Gold||Fred Ryan|
|500||Mar Macs Thor of Opalescence||Marion Macalusa|
|486||Canyon Creek High Tide||Ray & Tami Larrondo|
|476||All N's Iron Mike||Larry Cote|
|448||PW Indian Brook Heads Up||Keith & Bobbi Richardson|
|428||MSR's Kiss My Lily||James & Sarah Messer|
|312||Osage Cuttin Em Down||Jake Phipps|
|288||Tulli's Faraway Giddy Up||Joe Amatulli|
|264||Texas Traveler's Come and Take It||Shannon Yancy|