Nestle Purina German Shorthaired Pointer Handler of the Year Awards Program
(Rev Jan.1, 2014)
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is pleased to sponsor the "German Shorthaired Pointer Handler of the Year Awards Program." The award is designed to reward and recognize the Open Handler and Amateur Handler who accumulates the greatest number of points in qualifying horse-back trials as determined by the Handler Awards Committee. The committee will consist of six members (three each selected by the GSPCA and the NGSPA) and will approve qualifying trials and modify guidelines as appropriate.
Open Handler: Points accumulated in Open Shooting Dog, Open Gun Dog, Open Limited Gun Dog, Open All Age, Open Limited All Age, and all Open Grand Limited Stakes.
Amateur Handler: Points accumulated in handling dogs that they themselves own, co-own with an amateur, or are within the allowable limits of amateur handled dogs (currently 3 for NGSPA and 2 for AKC) in the following stakes: Amateur Shooting Dog, Amateur Gun Dog, Amateur Limited Gun Dog, Amateur All Age, Amateur Limited All Age, and all Amateur Grand Limited Stakes. AKC Pointing Breed Gun Dog National and GSPCA Open events will permit amateurs to count wins toward amateur points if no amateur event is held.
- NGSPA Nationals, Invitational, and all NGSPA Championships including Regionals, and Species.
- GSPCA Nationals, GSPCA Classics, and the AKC Pointing Breed Gun Dog National.
- One American Field Trial will be included – the German All Breed (NGPDA).
- 15 GSPCA member clubs will be selected to host an additional 15 Purina Qualifying Trials. They may designate up to four stakes, each requiring a minimum 4-Point Major. One Amateur stake (any broke dog stake); one Open stake (any broke dog stake); one Grand Amateur stake, one Grand Open stake. The selected clubs will be evenly divided between the East, Central, and West sections. The events will be held throughout the field trial season.
HANDLER AWARD POINTS FOR EVENT
|AKC / 30 or 45 Min||200||125|
|AKC Classics / 45 Min||200||125|
|AKC Classics/Grand 60 Min||300||200|
|AKC Pointing Breed Gun Dog Nat'l||775||450||300||225|
|German All Pt. Breed Nat'l||775||450|
TIE BREAKER SYSTEM:
In case of a tie, the winner would be the handler:
1) with the highest point total in national events;
2) who defeated the highest number of dogs;
3) with the highest number of placements in recognized trials. If the tie remains unbroken, co-winners would be declared.
HANDLER OF THE YEAR PRESENTATION / PRIZES
The "Purina German Shorthaired Pointer Handler of the Year Awards" will be presented at a banquet hosted by Nestlé Purina PetCare Company at the GSPCA Nationals.
The Open Award Winner will receive a Special GSP Handler of the Year Ring, $1,000 in cash, and 450 pounds of Purina brand product. The cash award will be doubled if the winning handler is an active Purina Pro Club member, with redemptions within the past six months. All prizes awarded by the Nestle’ Purina Company.
The Amateur Award Winner will be awarded a Special GSP Handler of the Year ring, and 450 pounds of Purina brand product. Purina will deposit 25,000 points ($250 value) in their Pro Club Account and will double it to 50,000 points ($500 value) if they are a “Purina Feeder” with redemptions within the past six months.
HOST CLUB’S RESPONSIBILITIES AND BENEFITS
The Nestlé Purina Company will provide GSPCA and NGSPA clubs hosting qualifying trials with cash donation, product for winners, banners, and other applicable items. Host clubs are responsible for providing reports on winning handlers and trial write-ups to the individual designated by the Award Committee to be responsible for tabulating and publishing results.